Friday 30 March 2012

The TLLP

So - we put in a TLLP (Teachers Leading and Learning Partnership) proposal to the Ontario Ministry of Education, back in November, 2011. The lead teacher had gotten funding for a somewhat similar project last year, so she has all the necessary language. This is a colossal project - we asked for 5 class sets of iPads, to be used in math classes - transitional math classes. When the committee contacted us in February, they wanted us to clarify the expenditure. We debated - do we stick to the 5 class sets request - kind of a "Go Big or Go Home" attitude? or - do we cut it down and if so, how? After some debate we decided to cut it down to 2 class sets (+++) of iPads. One would go to one of our feeder schools and the other would be at our school. After a month - six weeks of waiting, we found out that we had been successful!!! Leanne (the Lead teacher) and I were/are ecstatic. And scared.... how are we going to proceed? What all do we have to do to implement 60 iPads in 2 classrooms? Yikes!

I'm going to use this blog space to chronicle our journey. I'm not sure how often I will be able to do this or how often I should blog about our experiences. I'm still trying to figure that out. Who could imagine such an adventure at this point in my career? Wooohoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment